|Copyright (c) Queen's Printer,
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
New Land Use Orders For The Great Bear Rainforest.
Notice is hereby given that land use orders for the South Central Coast area and the Central North Coast area (established on July 27, 2007 and December 19, 2007 respectively) — which were amended by Order pursuant to section 93.4 of the Land Act on March 31, 2009 and on June 13, 2013 — are being rescinded pursuant to that same legislation on the date this notice is published in The British Columbia Gazette.
These orders are replaced with the new 2016 Great Bear Rainforest Land Use Order which takes effect on the date this notice is published in The British Columbia Gazette.
This new order supports the implementation of Ecosystem Based Management in the Great Bear Rainforest area as shown in Schedule A of the order. The new order was advertised for public review and comment for a period of 60 days ending August 10, 2015. A summary of changes made, as a result of public review and comment is also available at the locations noted below.
The new order, plus supporting information, has been filed at the West Coast Region office for the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources, at 2100 Labieux Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 6E9. Copies of these documents can also be acquired from the following ministry offices:
• Nanaimo - FrontCounter BC, Suite 142, 2080 Labieux Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 6J9
• Campbell River - Campbell River Natural Resource District 370 South Dogwood Street, Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7
• Port McNeill - North Island Central Coast Natural Resource District, 2217 Mine Road, Port McNeill, BC V0N 2R0
• Bella Coola - Bella Coola Field Office, 1681 Bella Coola Airport Road, Bella Coola, BC
• Smithers - Skeena Region, 3726 Alfred Avenue, Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Copies of the new order and associated documents are also available online at: