|Copyright (c) Queen's Printer,|
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
|This archived statute consolidation is current to December 31, 2004 and includes changes enacted and in force by that date. For the most current information, click here.|
[Link to Table of Legislative Changes which shows
currency of each section of the Act.]
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT — Continued
[SBC 2003] CHAPTER 53
Part 11 — Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments
140 (1) If under this Act a regulation making authority that under the Waste Management Act was provided to the Lieutenant Governor in Council has been provided exclusively to the minister, regulations made by the Lieutenant Governor in Council made under that previous authority that are in force on the date this Act comes into force are deemed to have been made by the minister.
(2) A decision of a manager under the Waste Management Act is deemed to be a decision of a director under this Act.
(3) A decision of the Environmental Appeal Board in relation to an appeal under the Waste Management Act is deemed to have been made under Division 2 [Appeals from Decisions under this Act] of Part 8 of this Act.
(4) A protocol approved or adopted by a director under the regulations to the Waste Management Act is deemed to be a protocol established under section 64 of this Act.
(5) A conditional certificate of compliance issued under the Waste Management Act that is valid and subsisting on the date this Act comes into force is deemed to be a certificate of compliance that is
(a) subject to the conditions in the conditional certificate, and
(b) issued under and in accordance with this Act.
141 (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations the Lieutenant Governor in Council considers necessary or advisable for the orderly transition from the application of the Environment Management Act and the Waste Management Act to their replacement by this Act.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the Lieutenant Governor in Council, by regulation, may waive or reduce any fee under this Act.
(3) Unless earlier repealed, a regulation under this section is repealed 2 years after it is enacted.
Consequential Amendments and Repeals
Agricultural Land Commission Act
Commercial River Rafting Safety Act
|144||Energy and Mines Statutes Amendment Act, 2002|
|145||Energy and Mines Statutes Amendment Act, 2003|
|146||Environment Management Act|
|147||Environment Management Act – Supplement|
|148||Farm Practices Protection (Right to Farm) Act|
|151||Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District Act|
|154||Hydro and Power Authority Act|
|155||Islands Trust Act|
|156 – 157||Land Title Act|
|158 – 162||Local Government Act|
|163||Miscellaneous Statutes Amendment Act (No. 2), 2002|
|164||Motor Vehicle Act|
|165||Motor Vehicle (All Terrain) Act|
|166||Oil and Gas Commission Act|
|168||Petroleum and Natural Gas Act|
|169||Property Law Act|
|170||Sustainable Environment Fund Act|
|171||Transport of Dangerous Goods Act|
|174||Waste Management Act|
|175 – 176||Water Act|
|178||Environmental Management Act|
179 This Act comes into force by regulation of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
[ Act Contents | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9| 10 | 11 ]
Copyright © 2004: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada