|Copyright © Queen's Printer,
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
B.C. Reg. 167/2021, deposited June 30, 2021, under the WILDLIFE ACT [section 108 (2), (3) and (4)]. Ministerial Order M276/2021, dated June 29, 2021.
I, Katrine Conroy, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, order that, effective July 1, 2021,
(a) the Wildlife Act Commercial Activities Regulation, B.C. Reg. 338/82, is amended as set out in the attached Appendix, and
(b) section 20.01 (2) of the Wildlife Act General Regulation, B.C. Reg. 340/82, is amended by adding the following paragraph:
(c) section 3.16.1 of the Wildlife Act Commercial Activities Regulation.
— K. CONROY, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development.
1 Sections 3.04 (1) (s), 3.07 (1), 3.08 (1) and 3.21 of the Wildlife Act Commercial Activities Regulation, B.C. Reg. 338/82, are amended by striking out "furbearing" and substituting "fur bearing".
2 The following section is added:
Compulsory report of fur bearing animals killed
3.16.1 (1) In this section:
"FWID number" has the same meaning as in the Wildlife Act General Regulation;
"trapping year" means the period beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
(2) A person who holds a trapping licence issued under section 40.1 of the Wildlife Act must submit a report to the director, in accordance with this section, respecting fur bearing animals killed under the licence during the trapping year.
(3) The report must include the person's trapping licence number and FWID number.
(4) If the person did not kill a fur bearing animal under the licence during the trapping year, the report must
(a) state that no fur bearing animals were killed, and
(b) be submitted on or before July 31 of the following trapping year.
(5) If the person killed one or more fur bearing animals under the licence during the trapping year, the report must include all of the following information for each fur bearing animal killed:
(a) the management unit in which the fur bearing animal was killed and either
(i) the trapline number, or
(ii) a statement that the kill occurred on private property;
(b) the month in which the fur bearing animal was killed;
(c) the fur bearing animal's species and sex.
(6) The information required under subsection (5)
(a) may be submitted, with respect to one or more fur bearing animals killed during the trapping year, at any time during the trapping year, and
(b) must be submitted, with respect to all fur bearing animals killed during the trapping year, on or before July 31 of the following trapping year.
(7) For greater certainty, the reporting requirements under this section are in addition to those imposed under section 3.16.
(8) A person commits an offence if the person fails to make a report as required under this section with respect to
(a) the trapping year that begins July 1, 2022, and
(b) each subsequent trapping year.
Copyright © 2021: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada