|Copyright © Queen's Printer,
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
B.C. Reg. 24/2022, deposited February 14, 2022, under the MOTOR VEHICLE ACT [sections 12, 51 and 210]. Order in Council 71/2022, approved and ordered February 14, 2022.
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Executive Council, orders that the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, B.C. Reg. 26/58, are amended
(a) as set out in the attached Schedule 1, and
(b) effective May 1, 2022, as set out in the attached Schedule 2.
— M. FARNWORTH, Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General and Deputy Premier; K. CONROY, Presiding Member of the Executive Council.
1 Section 3.09 the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, B.C. Reg. 26/58, is repealed and the following substituted:
Disposal of number plates
3.09 (1) A person who
(a) removes number plates under section 3.05, and
(b) does not attach the number plates on a substitute vehicle under section 3.08
must not attach or display those number plates on any other vehicle.
(2) If a person described in subsection (1) applies for a remission of fees, the person must
(a) file with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia an application in the form required by the corporation, and
(b) deal with the number plates as directed by the corporation.
2 Section 3.10 is amended
(a) in subsection (1) by striking out "On surrender of a set of number plates and completion of the application referred to in section 3.09 (b)" and substituting "On completion of the requirements referred to in section 3.09 (2)",
(b) by repealing subsection (1) (b), and
(c) by repealing subsection (2) and substituting the following:
(2) The Minister of Finance must not make a remission under subsection (1) if the amount to be remitted is less than $5.
1 Section 3.01 of the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, B.C. Reg. 26/58, is repealed and the following substituted:
3.01 A person must not drive or operate a vehicle on a highway unless number plates are displayed on it in accordance with this Division.
2 Section 3.012 is amended
(a) by renumbering the section as section 3.012 (1),
(b) in subsection (1) by striking out "If a validation decal" and substituting "Subject to subsection (2), if a validation decal", and
(c) by adding the following subsection:
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a validation decal that was issued before May 1, 2022 in respect of a licence with a term ending on or after May 1, 2022.
3 The following section is added:
Prescribed actions respecting validation decals
3.013 (1) For the purposes of section 12 (2) (c) [number plates] of the Act, the recording of the numbered licence and its expiry date in the file or index described in section 3 (7) [registration, licence and insurance] of the Act is a prescribed action.
(2) For the purposes of section 20 (1) (f) [notice of removal or destruction of motor vehicle] of the Act, dealing with the number plates for the motor vehicle or trailer as directed by the corporation is a prescribed action.
(3) For the purposes of section 51 (2) (b) [issuance of new number plate or validation decal] of the Act, the recording of the numbered licence and its expiry date in the file or index described in section 3 (7) [registration, licence and insurance] of the Act is a prescribed action.
Copyright © 2022: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada