|Copyright © Queen's Printer,
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
B.C. Reg. 137/2022, deposited June 13, 2022, under the COMMUNITY CHARTER [section 120 (3)], the LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT [sections 202 (6), 238 and 783] and the VANCOUVER CHARTER [section 140 (6)]. Order in Council 326/2022, approved and ordered June 13, 2022.
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Executive Council, orders that
(a) section 1 of the Local Government Elections Regulation, B.C. Reg. 380/93, is repealed,
(b) the Local Government Officers Oath Regulation, B.C. Reg. 315/98, is repealed, and
(c) the attached Local Government Oath of Office Regulation is made.
— N. CULLEN, Minister of Municipal Affairs; L. POPHAM, Presiding Member of the Executive Council.
OATH OF OFFICE REGULATION
Oath of office – board or council member
1 The following oath of office is prescribed for the purposes of section 120 (3) of the Community Charter, section 202 (6) of the Local Government Act and section 140 (6) of the Vancouver Charter, with the necessary changes in form as applicable:
I, .....[name of person elected or appointed]....., do [swear] [solemnly affirm] that:
• I am qualified to hold the office of .....[office]..... for the .....[jurisdiction]..... to which I have been [elected] [appointed];
• I have complied with the provisions of the .....[applicable Act]..... in relation to my election to this office; [omit this point for persons who have been appointed];
• I will abide by all rules related to conflicts of interest under the .....[applicable Act]......;
• I will carry out my duties with integrity;
• I will be accountable for the decisions that I make, and the actions that I take, in the course of my duties;
• I will be respectful of others;
• I will demonstrate leadership and collaboration;
• I will perform the duties of my office in accordance with the law.
Oath of office – officer for regional district
2 The following oath of office is prescribed for the purposes of section 238 of the Local Government Act, with the necessary changes in form as applicable:
I, .............[officer’s name]..........., do [swear] [solemnly affirm] that:
• I will truly, faithfully and impartially execute the office of ............[office]............. for the ........[regional district for which officer is appointed]...........to the best of my knowledge, skills and ability;
• I have not received and will not receive any payment or reward, or any promise of payment or reward, for the exercise of any partiality or other improper execution of my office.
Copyright © 2022: Queen's Printer, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada